Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Rings!

So Troy and I went last week to get our wedding rings. It felt like a big milestone in the wedding process. It also made me realize how close the big day really is. As my sister so happily pointed out---I am getting married next month!!!!

So, back to buying the rings. I had jewelry stores. I am the type of person that likes to go in, browse, and not be bothered by someone hovering over me trying to pressure me into buying something. I had found the ring that I wanted on-line for a really great price, but missed out on the sale and told Troy that he had to be the bad guy and barter the price down as close to the sale price as he could possibly get it.

I don't know what came over me when I walked in the store, but I took the whole ring buying/bartering job over. In the end I was really proud of myself and ended up getting us really good deals on our wedding rings.

Photos

This band perfectly accents the baguette diamonds that accent my engagement ring.


I was surprised when Troy picked out this ring. It wasn't exactly what I had pictured but I love it. It is made out of tungsten which doesn't scratch or anything. The only problem with tungsten (and titanium) is that it cannot be resized so we had to order the ring in his size and it will stay that size forever. We did find out however, that we can return the ring to the jewelry store and get the ring replaced if at any time it does not fit.

I am so excited to finally have this taken care of. Been fighting off the urge to wear it ever since.

0 comments: